Biofilm / Biofilm / Biofilm! – Need we say more…?
Limescale removal and prohibitor and extended life of fruit and vegetables once picked with just UFB water?
The food industry is vulnerable to a variety of infectious diseases that can manifest in food processing areas due mainly to poor personal hygiene and food processing sanitation practices, which in turn can lead to food recalls which are expensive and damaging to a company’s reputation. Maintaining a clean work environment is critical in preventing foodborne illness as bacteria can grow on surfaces and then contaminate food.
Just because a work surface looks clean does not mean that it is clean, but using UFB water means that we clean at a micellar level (deep into the grooves) as we get under the dirt with the microscopic bubbles and gently remove it away, leaving behind a hydrophilic coating due to the dissolved oxygen that was already in the water.
Eliminating biofilms can stop them from harbouring pathogens which could then be released when the biofilm ruptures. Ongoing prevention is better than cure!
As food processing costs rise it is important for the food processing companies to look at ways in which they can reduce expenditure without introducing price increases that are ultimately shouldered by the consumer. This scenario is also repeated within animal food supply.
How can UFB help
- Reduced utilities for on demand hot water used for cooking
- Reduced utilities for on demand ice
- Removal and protection against biofilm & calcification on surfaces and pipework interiors.
- Hydrophilic coating left on surfaces helping to prevent bioburden, including logistics vehicles
- Accelerating cleaning time with more efficiency
- Less chemicals required to achieve results. Saving money on chemicals and less impact on the environment
- Reduction in single use plastic, due to less chemical bottle orders
- Cleaner and more efficient wastewater systems and sewers
- Help prevent “Drain Pant” thus reducing VOC’s into the environment and processing facilities.
- Help protect internal mechanisms of machinery and water delivery machinery
- Ultimately reducing the carbon footprint